Arasi Constructions Pty Ltd trading as GEN1 Homes is an organisation governed by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
The personal information we collect from you will depend on the services you request from us but may include:
- Your name, date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details including address, email address and telephone number;
- Your occupation;
- Your bank account and utilities accounts details;
- Credit references, credit reports and other credit information;
- Your rental history and rental references;
- Identification details such as your driver’s license or passport numbers.
The personal information is required to be collected from you in order for Gen1 Homes to provide its services. A failure to provide any of the above information may result in GEN1 Homes being unable to assist you.
The personal information collected by GEN1 Homes is collected in the course of providing or offering to provide you with services. Where possible, the information is collected directly from you. Personal information may be collected when you:
- Provide us with your personal information, for example by making a website or telephone enquiry; or
- Use our services, for example by completing our standard forms or contract documents.
We may also collect your personal information from individuals you nominate to provide us with information, for example those you nominate as references, or from our finance providers, other credit reporting bodies and any publicly available sources of information.
Any personal information collected by GEN1 Homes will be used primarily for the purpose of providing you with our services and for your benefit. The information may be used:
- To identify and communicate with you;
- To provide you with goods and services;
- To assist in obtaining services from third parties such as finance, or in the purchase of land from our associates; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
GEN1 Homes may be required to provide your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances. These circumstances may include where disclosure is necessary to provide our services, such as by disclosure to financiers, land owners, contractors or others who assist us in the provision of services. Any disclosure will be limited to what is reasonably necessary and GEN1 Homes has in place arrangements with these entities restricting their use of your personal information.
GEN1 Homes will not otherwise disclose your personal information unless we have your consent, or are required by law to do so.
GEN1 Homes takes all necessary precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information using industry standard safeguards. Once your personal information is no longer required for the intended purpose we will take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
You are entitled to access the information we hold about you. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you please make a written request. If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us in writing to seek its correction.
Last updated 26 September 2014